New Zealand’s most inspiring and successful women are set to be recognised again, with nominations opening today for the annual Women of Influence Awards.
Supported by Stuff and Westpac, the awards are now in their sixth year and continue to celebrate women who make a difference in their communities and organisations across New Zealand.
This year’s awards ceremony – on 18 September – will be particularly auspicious, falling on the eve of the 125th anniversary of women’s suffrage in New Zealand.
Stuff and Westpac are calling on all New Zealanders to put forward a woman who has been influential to them, with nominations accepted in ten categories.
Stuff Chief Executive Sinead Boucher says, “Influence can mean many things to many people; we want to see nominations for all types of women, and not only the “top” ones, be they nurses, politicians, teachers, CEOs, bloggers or community volunteers.
“The quality and quantity of entries the awards attract every year shows the spirit of passionate and visionary Kiwi women we live, and work among, is stronger than ever.
“The Women of Influence Awards is an opportunity for all New Zealanders to reflect on the extraordinary women we know, and put them forward for the recognition they deserve. The awards are a special opportunity to highlight and celebrate these special women and the fantastic things they are doing.”
Westpac NZ Chief Executive David McLean says supporting the awards evening is an annual highlight for himself and many of his colleagues.
“These awards champion success, leadership and ambition in all their different forms. It’s our hope the awards inspire other women to achieve amazing things, including the next generation of leaders.
“It’s a privilege to be able to help bring together so many remarkable women from a variety of fields and disciplines for an evening of celebration and reflection.
“I invite every New Zealander to think of a woman who has inspired them – maybe it’s a relative or friend or colleague who you’ve admired for some time. This is your chance to help recognise their contribution publicly and give them an evening they will never forget.”
The ten categories include arts and culture, board and management, business enterprise, community/not-for-profit, diversity, global, innovation and science, public policy, rural and young leader.
For more information about the awards, including past winners, how to nominate and purchase tickets to the forum and dinner please visit: www.womenofinfluence.co.nz
Key dates for the 2018 Women of Influence Awards
- Friday 13 April – Nominations open
- Thursday 7 June – Nominations close
- Monday 23 July – Awards finalists announced
- Tuesday 18 September – Women of Influence Forum, SKYCITY Auckland
- Tuesday 18 September – Awards dinner, SKYCITY Auckland
2018 Women of Influence Partners
Stuff and Westpac are grateful for the support of the following partners:
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand – sponsor of Diversity category
- DLA Piper – sponsor of Board & Management category
- Hotpoints – sponsor of Young Leader category
- Massey University – sponsor of Global category
- Mastercard – sponsor of Innovation and Science category
- Ministry for Women – sponsor of Public Policy category
- Myob – sponsor of Business Enterprise category
- Spark – sponsor of Community / Not for Profit category
- Zespri – sponsor of the Rural category
- SKYCITY – Event Partner
- Nautilus Estate – Wine Partner