PAPER PLANES TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The owner and promoter of the 2021 Paper Planes Competition is Stuff Limited, 42 – 52 Willis Street, Wellington (Stuff).
2. Information on how to enter and the prize forms part of these terms and conditions. By entering the Paper Planes Competition, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions.
a. Employees and their immediate families of Stuff Limited and other company(ies) involved in the competition, associated sponsor(s) and their immediate families are not eligible to enter. Entry is restricted to New Zealand media and advertising agencies, and local and national New Zealand brands.
b. A senior executive from your client, client brand or company must provide permission to enter the Paper Planes Competition. Permission must include an agreement for the winning advertisements to be published in Stuff Publications, online and in marketing materials. We may request proof of this permission directly from the client, brand or Company. You must include the client, brand or Company contact details in the entry.
c. Agencies can enter on behalf of numerous clients. Companies may submit more than one entry. One person must be nominated as the contact.
d. The Prize will be provided to the Company featured in or the subject of the Winning Entries (the Winners).
e. Employees of Stuff are excluded from entering the competition.
f. Entries must meet all criteria set by Stuff.
4. Original Entry: All entries must be original, meet the Advertising Standard Authority Guidelines, not include anything that is misleading or deceptive or likely to mislead or deceive or which otherwise breaches the Fair Trading Act 1986, and not infringe the rights of any third party. Eligible entries do not have to have been published, but may include advertisements which have gone to print during the course of the competition (from 1 March 2021 to 19 April 2021).
5. Time Frame: Entries may be submitted online at www.paperplanes.stuff.co.nz any time from 1 March 2021 until 11:59pm 19 April 2021. Once submitted, entries cannot be edited or changed.
6. Prize Draw: Stuff will select a shortlist of 10 entries from all eligible entries. Stuff will judge the entries based on the entry criterias and judging criterias. The three winning entries will be judged and selected by Cindy Gallop (the Winning Entries) based on the entry criterias and judging criterias. The winners will be announced at The Paper Planes Award Breakfast on Thursday 20th May, 2021.
7. Prize: The Winners (the Companies featured in or subject of the Winning Entries) will be awarded a share of $500,000 (including GST) worth of advertising across Stuff’s print (excluding magazines) and digital advertising products, valued at rate card (subject to availability) so they can bring their concept to life or extend their campaign if their advertisements have gone to print during the course of the competition (from 1 March 2021 to 19 April 2021).
a. Prizes will be awarded as follows:
i) Best print campaign – $300,000 (including GST) print advertising
ii) Best integrated campaign – $100,000 (including GST) print and digital advertising. This will include $60,000 print advertising and $40,000 digital advertising
iii) Best digital campaign – $100,000 digital advertising
b. Prize must be booked and fully redeemed by 20 May 2022.
c. Stuff may publish or run the Material at a time or day different from originally booked or where applicable in the next available issue or placement.
d. Bookings for the following products; Stuff High Impact CPD, Stuff Sectional High Impact CPD and Video cannot be made during the following periods; 2-5 April 2021 (Easter weekend), 4-7 June 2021 (Queen’s birthday), 22-25 October 2021, 11, 26 and 29 November 2021 (Singles Day, Black Friday and Cyber Monday), 26 December 2021.
8. The Prize received is additional to any existing advertising commitments the Winner may have with Stuff Limited.
9. The Prize is subject to the Stuff Limited General Terms and Conditions for Advertisers.
10. The Prize is not transferable, exchangeable nor redeemable for cash.
11. The Promoter’s decision regarding the Winners is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. Publicity: Stuff and agencies associated with the competition reserve the right to publish and promote the shortlist, winners and winning entries. By entering the competition, each entrant including the client who is featured in or subject of the advertisement, agrees to make themselves available to participate in reasonable promotional activities.
13. Ownership of Entries: By submitting an entry you grant Stuff a perpetual, royalty free license to reproduce the entries and creative entered in the competition in any print, digital or electronic media we offer customers now or in the future .
14. No Liability: Stuff and agencies associated with the Paper Planes Competition will not be liable for any loss or reputational damage suffered or sustained in connection with any advertising related to the Paper Planes Competition for the purposes of promoting The Paper Planes competition.
15. Privacy: Pursuant to the Privacy Act 1993, entrants have the right to access and correct any personal information.
16. Personal information: By agreeing “yes” on the entry form to receiving promotional information, entrants to the Competition permit Stuff to enter their personal information into a database for the purpose of contacting them directly about any Stuff advertising promotions, special offers, samples and other promotions. Pursuant to the Privacy Act 1993, entrants have the right to access and correct any personal information.
For any queries or if you would like more information about The Paper Planes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.