The G Adventures cross platform campaign was seamlessly integrated across stuff.co.nz desktop and mobile, as well as our print properties; Escape and Your Weekend. The campaign brought the G Adventures’ story to life through relatable sponsored content with exceptional results. Average page views were 3 times higher than the Stuff average and time spent on pages also outperformed Stuff sponsored content averages. Visitors were driven to the G Adventures website, successfully launching their brand to the New Zealand market.
To launch G Adventures into the New Zealand market:
- informing Kiwi’s about the story behind the G Adventures brand
- educating them on their sustainable credentials
- encouraging them to plan and book their next adventure.
It would have been very easy to wander down a typical ‘cookie cutter’ tourist route. But realising that this wouldn’t resonate or engage with our audience, Stuff brought the G Adventures’ story to life. This was done through relatable content in an interesting, non-disruptive way, which would encourage consumers to read, share and act.
A long play, cross-platform campaign was created, producing a total of 6 articles written by the Stuff Studio. The stories leveraged various audience passion points by covering topics that many of us have an interest in through the lense of a ‘global local’ – sailing and feasting like a local, travelling conscientiously, uncovering hidden gems as well as wildlife focussed tours endorsed by Jane Goodall.
Each story was amplified across our stuff.co.nz desktop and mobile platforms as well as our print properties; Escape and Your Weekend. A visual brand hub was created on stuff.co.nz.
With editorial support and a cross platform push, the stories had great reach and engagement as well as driving traffic to the G Adventures website.
Consumers loved our approach and read, share and act they did:
- Average page views of 6,155 were three times higher than the average page views of sponsored content articles (Stuff average 2,000)
- Asia article (hottest destination for 2018) generated just under 15,000 page views
- Time spent also outperformed sponsored content averages with an average of 54 seconds (Stuff average 45 seconds)
- Over 200 visits to the G Adventures website – 91% of which were new visitors
“We can see how highly engaged visitors to our site were – particularly for a brand new audience. It’s really pleasing to see how aligned the Stuff audience is with G Adventures. Thanks again for your amazing work on this campaign.”
– Louise Laing, G Adventures